21 Apr RE:2 x NON – EXECUTIVE DIRECTORS POSTIONS
Unisa Catering Services (Pty) Ltd
22 Mac-Mac, 1st Floor
Waterfall Office Park,
Unisa Catering Services (Pty) Ltd (“UCS”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Unisa Enterprise (Pty) Ltd, which is owned 100% by University of South Africa. The core mandate of Unisa Enterprise is to generate third stream income to enable the university to become financially sustainable. UCS is currently operating canteens and providing catering services at various Unisa campuses.
The NED will work with other members of the UCS Board of Directors. As stated in UCS’s Memorandum of Incorporation, the authority of the Board of Directors is to manage and direct the business and affairs of the company.
As a member of the Board, the NED helps the Board carry out its primary objectives through the following functions:
• manage and direct the business and affairs of the company in line with the company’s MOI,
• comply with all applicable legal, regulatory and reporting requirements,
• safeguard the assets of the company,
• apply adequate risk management and control processes,
• approve financial statements of the company,
• serve on board sub-committee(s).
The NED, as a member of the board, does not assume the function of management which remains the responsibility of the management team.
Key attributes/skills sought:
• Substantial experience in facilities management, FMCG;
• Enterprise Development
• Compliance & risk management
• Finance & Operations
Education and experience requirements:
• Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Finance, Human Resources, Legal or other related fields.
• A post-graduate qualification (such as a CA, MBA or MSc) is preferred.
• At least 7 years of facilities management, FMCG experience covering business strategy, corporate, human resource management, risk management.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Sound business judgement.
• Significant experience and analytical mindset to assess business models.
• Superb written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English.
• Knowledge of Companies Act, compliance essential.
• Strong character, independent thinking and sound personal values, especially ethics and integrity.
• Commitment – able to meet the time demands of the company at board (4-6 meetings/year), investment committee (monthly) and possibly one other board sub-committee (4-5/year) level.
Qualifying candidates can send a comprehensive CV and a cover letter to: Lebogang.email@example.com
Should you not hear from Unisa Enterprise (Pty) Ltd within 4 weeks of the deadline, please do regard your application as unsuccessful.
Email applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: