We take a wide-ranging holistic approach in defining enterprise at UNISA. To us, enterprise is a collective effort that continuously provide an approach and framework towards creating a real culture of entrepreneurship at UNISA across all our stakeholders, but also an effort to enhance the reputation of UNISA’s core mission of research and teaching. To achieve this, we understand that our strategy should encompass all the strategic pillars; product leadership, customer intimacy and operational excellence with a special focus on stakeholders’ relationship management.
While some of these activities generate income there are a number of knowledge exchange activities that do not yield direct economic returns but are nevertheless as critical, helping to develop relationships and deliver sustainable benefits to the wider society – what might be termed social enterprise.
Vision, Mission, Values
Vision: To shape futures by turning knowledge and ideas into action.
Mission: To be a leading and trusted enterprise that offers Unisa’s services,
Values: Impact | Partnership | Entrepreneurial | Professional | Solution driven
- Improve Unisa’s engagement with business and innovation partners.
- Improve Unisa’s engagement with government on strategic socio-economic issues that requires solutions.
- Promote the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship at Unisa by focusing on students, staff and a wider community through Unisa Enterprise Entrepreneurship Awards and UniVation (Unisa Innovation Hub).
- Promote and embed an effective culture of entrepreneurship across all Unisa departments and highlight such departments, including the rewarding of cost cutting measures by the Vice Chancellor.
- Contribute to the financial sustainability of Unisa.
- Promote ever-increasing difference for the good to society, especially youth, by partnering with YALI, Unisa School of Business Leadership and Unisa Colleges in providing free life coaching sessions, special lectures and entrepreneurship advisory services.