Functional Aspects Of Retail Marketing – Pret03-C
Prof MC Cant
- The basic nature of marketing
- Marketing decisions and planning by the retailer
- Retail product decisions
- Retail distribution management
- Retail pricing decisions
- Marketing communication by the retailer
- Retail personal selling decisions
- Customer assistance
Study units 1 to 8 include the following main aspects.
1 The basic nature of marketing
Study Unit 1: The learning objective of this study unit is to enable you to get acquainted with the
following basic aspects of the nature of marketing:
- The ways in which marketing can bridge the gaps between manufacturer and
- The basic activities performed by marketing in bridging the gaps.
- The principles of the marketing concept.
- Relationship marketing.
2 Marketing decisions and planning by the retailer
Study Unit 2: The learning objective of this study unit is to get acquainted with the basic retail marketing decision areas and how to plan these decisions formally.
3 Retail product decisions
Study Unit 3: The learning objective of this study unit is to introduce you to the basic principles involved in decisions regarding the composition of the product offering of the retailer.
4 Retail distribution management
Study Unit 4: The learning objective of this study unit is to get acquainted the retailers’ role in the distribution of products from manufacturers to final consumers.
5 Retail pricing decisions
Study Unit 5: The learning objective of this study unit is to understand the principles and the variety of the pricing decisions available to the retailer.
6 Marketing communication by the retailer
Study Unit 6: The learning objectives of this study unit is to get acquainted with the following:
- The meaning of marketing communication and the marketing communication
- The setting of marketing communication objectives.
- The composition of the marketing communication budget.
- The management of the advertising campaign.
- The meaning, objectives and techniques of sales promotion.
- The meaning, advantages and obtaining of publicity.
7 Retail personal selling decisions
Study Unit 7: The learning objectives of study unit 7 are to get acquainted with the following aspects:
- The nature of the interpersonal communication process.
- The skills required of a sales representative.
- The types of selling situations.
- The personal selling process.
- The different selling approaches.
- Methods for improving the sales performance of sales representatives.
- The management of sales people.
8 Customer assistance
Study Unit 8: The learning objectives of study unit 8 are:
- To understand the importance of customer service.
- To get acquainted with the basis of customer service
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes