The legislative and regulatory landscape is constantly changing, resulting in greater emphasis and focus on the accountability and responsibility of management, governance and administration. This course provides an overview and analysis of a range of frameworks and methodologies for King IV Governance, Compliance and Assurance.
The purpose of King IV course is to:
- Promote corporate governance as integral to running an organisation and delivering governance outcomes such as ethical culture, good performance, effective control and legitimacy.
- Broaden the acceptance of the King IV by making it accessible and fit for implementation across a variety of sectors and organisational types.
- Reinforce corporate governance as a holistic and interrelated set of arrangements to be understood and implemented in an integrated manner.
- Encourage transparent and meaningful reporting to stakeholders.
- Present corporate governance as concerned with not only structure and process, but also with an ethical and consciousness and conduct.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of King IV corporate governance framework, the applicable principles and practices for compliance governance
- Articulate a plan of action to address the requirements of King IV and assist the governing body and top management fulfil their compliance governance responsibilities as set out in King IV
- Design and implement a compliance governance framework and management system using the guidance of ISO 19600
- Develop a suitable accountability framework, organisational structures, policies, processes and practices
- Perform reviews and report on the compliance governance framework.
King IV Governance, Compliance and Assurance
- Corporate Governance
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Compliance Management
Introduction to King IV
- Objectives of King IV
- King IV definition of governance
- Underpinning philosophies of King IV
- Legal Status of King IV
- Scope of application of King IV
- Application – appropriate application of King IV
- Transition from King III to King IV
Leadership, Ethics and Corporate Citizenship
- Ethical Leadership
- Organisation Values, ethics and Culture
- Responsible corporate citizenship
Performance and reporting
- Strategy, implementation, performance
- Reports and disclosures
Governing Structures and Delegation
- Role of the Governing Body
- Composition of the governing body
- Committees of the governing body
- Delegation to management
- Performance evaluations
Governance Functional Areas
- Risk and opportunity governance
- Technology and information governance
- Compliance governance
- Remuneration governance
- Stakeholder Relationships
- Responsibilities of shareholders
By the end of the course learners should be able to:
- Design a practical framework for implementing successful Corporate Governance
- Apply key principles of King IV Governance Code in their operational spaces.
- Describe director’s duties, classifications and accountability
- Employ latest international Governance trends at workplaces
- Show the linkage between Governance, strategy & sustainability
- Define risk governance and IT Governance
- Comply with policy and legislative prescripts
Who should attend?
- All directors and executive managers of organisations
- Members of board committees
- Company secretaries
- Managers of internal audit departments and other assurance functions
Anyone else with an interest in Corporate Governance
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes